In this guide, you'll learn how to setup a super easy to use Bitcoin miner that only runs when you're not using your computer, so you never notice anything is running. As a bonus, at the end we'll leave you with some blackhat ideas to build up a network of Bitcoin mining computers that run on someone elses computer and electricity while earning you a passive income!
What you'll need to get started:
- A 64-bit Windows computer to install the miner on
- A free account with Computta: https://computta.com
- The Computta miner software: https://computta.download/Computta_windows-x64.exe
Double click the download file to install the mining software and follow the prompts. The software will run a benchmark to determine how much it estimates you can earn per day/month.
Bonus: Growing Your Mining Network
Bitcoin mining uses the computing power of your machine to mine, which can run up your electricity bill. Imagine if you could install your miner on other computers, and harness someone elses machine and electricity? Brainstorm all of the places near you that may have idle computers that stay on 24/7 that you have access to. Here are some examples:
- At your work office. How many PC's are in your office? Install the miner on as many as you can.
- Retail stores, like Best Buy. The display PC's in retail stores are usually pretty modern and powerful, and run 24/7. Turn each into your personal Bitcoin miner.
- Internet cafes
- Public libraries
- College campus